Last updated 1 September 2017
What Is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We actively collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information or other content to our site. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, vehicle registration number, vehicle make, model and year, details of any parking spaces you may have in the building, bank account details such as your BSB, Account Number and Account Name, payment details such as card type, card number, expiry date and CVV or e-mail address.
We automatically collect certain information when you use our site and our services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on our site and location details when you access the Portal. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any identifying information. Otherwise, this information is de-identified and used in the aggregate only. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons.
Except as described in this policy, we do not generally require you to disclose any sensitive information (e.g. medical information, details of race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of a trade union) to us. If you do provide us with sensitive information for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
• to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
• respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
• to monitor and analyse site usage and trends, and to personalise and improve our site and our users’ experiences on our site, such as providing, content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase our site's functionality and user friendliness;
• to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from https://portal.equiem.com.au if your computer supports such capabilities
• to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our site;
• for any other purpose for which the information was collected (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
• for other purposes to which you have consented; and
• as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting our services or the goods or services of third party organisations. We may also communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with special offers. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, telephone, email or SMS.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
• you have consented to us doing so; or
• it is otherwise permitted by law.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change your contact preferences, by contacting us (see section our contact section below).
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
• with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
• to other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship, for business, marketing and related purposes;
• with the owner of the building which the portal relates (“Building Owner”) so that we and the Building Owner can provide certain services, amenities and facilities from time to time;
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• when we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or where doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us; and
• otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
We are not otherwise responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. De-identified visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Does personal information leave Australia?
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our related bodies corporate, service providers and other third parties including those located in the United States.
Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
Links to Other Sites
How do we store and secure personal information?
We store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy and will take reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of unauthorised access to, disclose of, misuse or loss or corruption of you personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We destroy personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it and after a transaction, your private information (credit cards, personal information, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://portal.equiem.com.au/.
How can you access and correct personal information we hold about you?
You may seek access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us as described below. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to your personal information.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Queries, comments and complaints about our handling of personal information
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with this policy or the Privacy Act, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How can you contact us?